About the gig
As a CareDriver in Phoenix, you’ll be providing rides for children and older adults in your local community. You can set your own hours by choosing rides in your area that best fit your schedule. Make extra money while making a difference for the families you’ll be helping, all in your spare time.
- Be at least 23 years old
- Use of a 4-door vehicle that’s no more than 10 years old
- Driver's license with a good driving record
- Have at least 5 years of caregiving experience, either as a parent, teacher, nanny, babysitter, nurse, or camp counselor
- Pick up children and older adults near your local Phoenix area and drive them to their destination.
- Option to accept rides in nearby towns throughout Maricopa County, like Paradise Valley, Glendale and Deer Creek.
- Follow any specific instructions provided for pickup and dropoff.
- Verify and confirm you picked up the right rider.
- Help your riders in and out of the car if needed.
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy.
- Take riders to their destination in the safest, most efficient manner.
- Guaranteed to earn $500 for 10 completed trips within the first 14 days.
- Typical earnings will vary depending on number of rides you claim and rides available in Phoenix and Maricopa county.
- Flexible schedule and only drive when you want.
- Safe driver experience, with most rides occurring during the day to destinations like schools, after-school care, community centers, and doctors offices.
HopSkipDrive is a service that provides transportation specifically tailored towards children, students, older adults, and those who need extra help getting to their destination. Safety is HopSkipDrive’s number one priority, with sophisticated technology tracking every ride, extensive vetting of all CareDrivers, and a multi-step rider verification process that ensures the safest rideshare experience possible.
How do I sign up
- Hit the APPLY button.
- Sign up on the HopSkipDrive website
- Complete a quick virtual orientation
- Clear a background check
- Download the HopSkipDrive app and you’ll be ready to start claiming rides.
Frequently asked questions about this gig
Earnings per ride is made up of a base fare plus additional earnings for longer or more time-consuming trips. In addition, some rides may also be eligible for fare boosts and special promotions. Before accepting any ride, you will always see the estimated earnings for that ride and are guaranteed to earn at least that amount.
You get paid weekly, receiving on Monday your earnings summary from the previous Monday through Sunday period. Direct deposits into your linked bank account should appear by end of day Wednesday.
Your vehicle must have 4 doors and room to seat 4 to 7 passengers. Vehicle must be less than 10 years old, have current registration, and pass an inspection with a certified mechanic.
You will be required to pass a driving record check, a third-party online check which provides social security trace, national criminal records check, and sex offender check, and a child abuse & neglict screening.
If you want to provide rides to children who are required to be in booster state, you must supply your own booster seat. If you don’t have one, you can always claim rides that don’t require one.
HopSkipDrive servies a large population in Phoenix and you can expect there to be good demand for rides. If you were to look outside of Phoenix to nearby towns and suburbs, there should be a good amount of people wanting to order rides for children and the elderly.
If you don't own or have access to a car, you can rent one daily, weekly, or monthly through HyreCar (among others), a website where independent delivery people can rent cars directly from owners. Find a car locally to rent for as little as $25 a day. Learn more at HyreCar.com.