Dog Daycare Provider
About the job
Are you a dog lover looking to earn extra income on the side? Start making money now by providing dog daycare services in San Jose with Rover. As a dog daycare provider, you decide how much to charge, how many and what breed of dogs you’re willing to take, and what times of the day and week you're available. Connect with fellow dog lovers in your local San Jose area by becoming a dog day care provider on Rover today.
- At least 18 years old
- Love and enjoy taking care of dogs
- Can provide a suitable space for canines to play and sleep
- Are responsible and dependable
- Look after and ensure the happyiness and safety of dogs in your care.
- Understand the needs of each dog and provide care accordingly.
- Feed and provide water to dogs.
- Observe and report any issues to owners.
- Communicate with dog owners and provide updates when needed.
- On average, dog daycare providers in San Jose can earn upwards of $2500 per month.
- Keep 100% of the tips you earn.
- Be your own boss and set your own rates and hours.
- Can charge special rates for holidays, additional dogs, or breed and age of dog.
- Connect with like minded dog owners in your local San Jose community.
- Opportunity to make even more money by providing pet sitting, dog walking, and dog boarding services on Rover.
Rover is an app and website where San Jose dog owners go to find dog daycare providers from locals in their own community. Providers create a profile, list their availability and rates while dog owners can browse and filter providers to find the perfect match.
Interested? Here's how to apply
- Hit the APPLY button.
- Sign up on the Rover website and create a profile that showcases yourself as a dog walker.
- Pass a background check and profile review.
- Once approved, you’ll be ready to accept your first dog day care job.
Frequently asked questions about this gig
As a doggy daycare provider on Rover, you set the rates you want to charge for your services. In San Jose, a reasonable amount to charge is anywhere from $35 to $75 per dog per day. You can also set higher rates during holidays or charge extra based on the number of dogs, breed, or age of dogs in your care. Rover will take a 20% fee, so whatever you charge for your service, you get to keep 80% in addition to 100% of any tips your customers might give outside of Rover.
Payments will be available to withdraw 2 days after you’ve completed the service. Withdrawals via PayPal are free while withdrawals by check incur a small fee.
Background checks typically take 2 days. There is a small $10 upfront fee for the background check, which is tax deductible as an independent contractor.
After submitting your profile, Rover will manually review your profile, which usually takes between 5-10 days. The review team will only approve dog walkers who meet their set of quality standards, so be sure to fill out your Rover profile with enough detail and photos in order to put your best self forward.
Yes, on your profile you can list all the services you want to provide and how much you charge for each. Other services you can offer include pet sitting, dog walking, and dog boarding.
Almost 40 percent of American households own a dog, and with a population of over 1.0m people and 5.9k people per square mile in San Jose, expect there to be good demand for dog daycare providers in San Jose. If you wanted to offer your services to people outside of San Jose, nearby cities and suburbs have over 1.9m people and 1.5k people per square mile, which is a excellent amount of dog owners to market to.