Food Delivery - Driver
About the gig
Deliver on your schedule and become a food delivery driver with Uber Eats in Houston. Instead of traditional food delivery jobs where the hours aren’t flexible, get paid to deliver when you want using the food delivery app most downloaded by customers.
- 18 years of age or older
- Reliable access to a vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- Decide when and how long you want to deliver on any given day.
- Drive to local Houston restaurants to pick up food.
- Use GPS directions to help navigate to your destination.
- Option to deliver in nearby cities and towns throughout Harris County, like West University, Southside Place and Bellaire.
- Transport food carefully and safely while in your vehicle and to the customer's door.
- Follow customer directions for handing off deliveries.
- Flexible schedule and only work when you want.
- Your earnings in the Houston area can vary, as factors like when you work, incentives (if available), and tips can affect how much you make.
- Keep 100% of all tips.
- Eligible for Quest promotions, where you'll have the opportunity to earn extra money for reaching certain delivery goals in a set amount of time.
About Uber Eats
Uber Eats lets people order food from their local restaurants with a simple, easy to use app on their phone. Restaurants receive the order, prepare the food, and a delivery driver picks it up and drops it off at the customer’s door.
How do I sign up
- Hit the APPLY button.
- Sign up on the Uber Eats website.
- Clear a background check.
- Download the app on your phone, accept your first order, and begin earning.
Frequently asked questions about this gig
You will get paid every Monday for the previous week’s work. If you want it earlier, you can deposit the earnings in your account with Instant Pay. Terms apply.
Background checks can take from 1-5 business days and are processed through a third party consumer reporting agency, Checkr. After you submit your application, you can check your status directly on Checkr's website (https://applicant.checkr.com/).
Yes, many gig workers do multi-apping, where they find and accept delivery jobs near them, across more than one app to maximize their downtown and increase their earnings.
Uber Eats is one of the most popular food delivery apps in Houston and partners with many national chains and local Houston favorites.
The Uber Eats app is available to a large population in Houston. You can probably expect there to be good demand for restaurant food delivery. If you were to look outside of Houston to nearby cities and suburbs, there should be a excellent amount of customers wanting food delivered to their doorstep.
If you don't own or have access to a car, you can rent one daily, weekly, or monthly through HyreCar (among others), a website where independent delivery people can rent cars directly from owners. Find a car locally to rent for your deliveries with Uber Eats for as little as $25 a day. Learn more at HyreCar.com.